We've answered all the nitty-gritty about our products and services in the drop-downs below. We cover everything from our certifications, sustainability, product-use, shipping, returns, and everything in between.
Where is MOTHER SPF made?
MOTHER SPF is made, tested and filled in our homeland, Australia. Australia. Australian founder, Australian owned, Australian made.
Is MOTHER SPF regulated?
The manufacture of sunscreens is strictly regulated by the Australian Government's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). The TGA's sunscreen regulations are among the strictest in the world.
MOTHER SPF complies with the Australian Standard AS/NZS 2604:2012 and is registered with the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG / TGA) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can find our listing on the ARTG. Just search “MOTHER SPF”
When does it expire?
MOTHER SPF has a shelf life of 3 whole years, for specifics – check the crimp of the tube for expiry information.
Do you provide samples?
We do not currently provide samples. However, please see if there is a stockist near you where you should be able to try a tester.
How should I store my SPF?
MOTHER SPF likes to be kept in cool, dark places and when she’s on vay-cay try not have her in direct sunlight - she prefers to mingle in your handbag.
Is MOTHER SPF Cruelty free?
Hell yeah MOTHER SPF is cruelty free. The only people or things MOTHER SPF has been tested on is willing and able human beings.
Is MOTHER SPF vegan?
MOTHER SPF only uses plant based oils and wax, free of any animal derivatives or ingredients, so yes! No beeswax here folks – we need these guys for the literal survival of the human race. They are responsible for the cross-pollination of plants, AKA helping the food we eat and air we breathe thrive, and their numbers are decreasing fast, meaning beeswax is a no-go zone for MOTHER SPF.
Is MOTHER SPF Reef Safe?
We only use mineral sunscreen filters which are deemed 100% safe and this is why we are free from Oxybenzone and Octinoxate.
Does MOTHER SPF use any nasties?
“Nasties, Non-toxic, Chemical Free” are all unregulated terms and to avoid confusion, we try to stay clear of such marketing jargon. All you need to know is that we formulate for the health of your skin, your body and the environment. This means we leave out any ingredients that are seen to be questionable or the impact of the ingredient in our bloodstream or waterways is still unknown. There are so many great natural alternatives available and we just don’t see the need to play with fire.
We leave out parabens, synthetic preservatives, PEGs, sulfates (SLS/SLES), GMOs, mineral oils, petrolatum, chemical sunscreen actives, silicones, fragrance, EDTA.
We also leave out any ingredients that quite simply piss off our skin too - this can also include natural ingredients.
Are your ingredients natural and organic?
Although there’s little to no regulation on this - MOTHER defines herself as a clean, natural suncare brand. All our ingredients can naturally be found in nature and work in harmony with our skin's inherent functions.
Are your formulations certified?
We use organic ingredients where we can and if organic is not available we will search for sustainably sourced ingredients. Being a suncare product we use the highest possible grade ingredients available on the market.
Does MOTHER SPF use Nano-Particles?
We wanted to know what happens if Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles are absorbed? While there’s no definitive answer for this yet, there's speculation they may be absorbed into the cells and accelerate ageing both inside and out. While more research needs to be done, MOTHER SPF likes to steer clear of Nanoparticles and uses Non-Nano Zinc Oxide instead, to stay in the safe lane.
MOTHER SPF is made with Zinc Oxide, does that mean it will leave a white cast?
Traditionally Zinc Oxide leaves a white cast, however MOTHER SPF has been formulated with high end technology to prevent this from happening, plus the use of non-nano Zinc Oxide keeps application ultra sheer. MOTHER SPF will blend into skin like an invisibility cape of anti-ageing.
Is MOTHER SPF Broad Spectrum?
Yes, MOTHER SPF blocks both spectrums. MOTHER SPF will protect you from UVB Rays - the ones that turn you a flattering shade of notification red, and protect you from UVA rays - the ones that speed up ageing, and liken you to your nannas driving gloves.
Is MOTHER SPF fragrance free?
Our Face and body (MOTHER OG) is free of any added fragrance; we decided to steer clear of using fragrance as it’s a common allergen and can contain up to 300 dangerous ingredients, which is a huge pass for us. You might still find it smells pretty good which is thanks to the coconut oil ingredient.
Our tinted face SPF 50 has a small amount of Rose Geranium Essential Oil added to the formulation for its antioxidant and anti-aging properties. It’s just a win that it smells delicious too.
Can I use MOTHER SPF on babies or sensitive skin?
Since MOTHER SPF is all natural, fragrance free, formulated for sensitive skin and is irritant and allergenic free, it is safe to use MOTHER on tiny humans and reactive skin. As with any new product, we recommend patch testing first for super safety.
Is MOTHER SPF safe to use during pregnancy?
MOTHER SPF is free of retinoids and retinol, BHA’s, fragrance, parabens, preservatives, and chemical UV filters, making it totally safe to use whilst growing aforementioned tiny humans. Always check with your doctor first before using new products when pregnant.
Is your packaging sustainable?
Absolutely! Our planet is already in enough trouble, and we’ve chosen to stay in our own lanes re: contributing to this. Which is why, MOTHER uses Post Consumer resin plastics (PCR) to manufacture its tubes. We take the excess plastic out of the environment and reuse it in order to provide an endless closed packaging loop. Side note: our external packaging is also made from PCR or corn starch.
When should I apply MOTHER SPF?
To create a protective barrier, you’ll need to get amongst MOTHER SPF 20 minutes before sun exposure, to clean dry skin, and re-apply after any water sporting activities and exercising or sweating.
Where does MOTHER SPF fit in my routine?
Both formulations are a broad-spectrum physical sun protectant, meaning it’s perfect over skincare and under makeup. Like a protective sandwich filling keeping the good in and the bad out.
What skin type is MOTHER SPF for?
All our products are safe for all skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin. Our use of clean natural ingredients and expert formulation ensures this.
MOTHER SPF face and body is oil based. Does this mean it will cause breakouts?
MOTHER SPF has been formulated with high quality natural oils and will not disrupt the skin's biome, keeping your sebum glands regulated and your skin happy.
Will MOTHER SPF affect how my makeup sits?
Yes, except that it will change your makeup wearing life for the better. All our formulations are super hydrating meaning a smoother makeup application and will last the length of the day. Pro-tip: wait a minute or so before applying makeup for all of the oils in MOTHER SPF to work their dewy magic.
How do I apply?
MOTHER SPF is oil based and water-free which means a little goes a long way - good news for your bank account, and your skin. Apply on clean dry skin as you would a moisturiser, before makeup.
Is MOTHER SPF water resistant?
Our Face and Body is certified water resistant for 4 hours, so you can frolic in a body of water, take a bath, work up a sweat, or have a drink thrown at you, all without taking home a nasty sunburn. After 4 hours a decline in SPF protection may occur, so reapply this baby. And if safety is your calling – reapply every 2 hours.
Does the tint work for all skin tones?
Our tinted mineral SPF has been lightly tinted to avoid leaving a white residue that is normally associated with mineral sunscreens. Being only lightly tinted allows the formulation to work for all skin tones.
Does it provide coverage?
It has not been formulated to provide coverage , instead it’s been designed to provide a hint of colour to smooth and blue pores. If you are wanting additional coverage we recommend using this as your primer before your foundation. It works a treat with make up.
How will it make my skin look?
It’s called #MOTHERDEW for a reason. If you love looking like a glowing queen, you will love this formulation. If you prefer a more matte finish, just use #MOTHERDEW as your moisturiser or primer instead.
Does it provide Blue Light Protection?
Yes - the combination of Zinc Oxide and Iron Oxides is what provides blue light protection.
Is it Water Resistant?
Our tinted Face SPF is designed for everyday wear and has not been tested for water resistance.
How do I apply?
This depends on your skin type and the finish you like. If you have very oily skin we recommend using MOTHER as your moisturiser and if you have normal-dry skin use MOTHER after your moisturiser, like you would a normal SPF.
How much do I apply?
You need 1/4 teaspoon of sunscreen for your face. And another 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) for the neck and décolletage. If you have a larger face, you’ll probably need more sunscreen, while a smaller one would require less.
- For orders of 2 units or more, the shipping is free for all Australian delivery addresses.
- For orders under 2 units, there is a flat shipping rate of $7.50 for all Australian delivery addresses.
- Express shipping in Australia is available for a flat $15 rate for all delivery addresses.
- Orders placed before 11am will be en route to save your skin the same day. (Excludes public holidays and times of incredibly high-demand. During these times it may take up to 48 hours for our MOTHER Mates to complete your order and send off to you).
- How long do I have to wait parked by my front door for my MOTHER AUS SPF? We use Australia Post (The Carbon Neutral Legends!) and you can check postage delivery times here: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/
- Not joking about being parked by the front door? Just pop in the consignment ID that we email you once your order as been despatched and you can track every minute: https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search
- Our orders are sent from Bibra Lakes (post code 6163).
- All regular and express parcels are sent as Authority to Leave parcels so that no signature is required. Phew. How upsetting is it coming home to a missed delivery!
- A $12 redelivery fee will apply for the following reasons:
- Entering an incorrect address at checkout, causing your order to be sent back to us.
- Not picking up your item from the post office or courier depot, causing your order to be sent back to us.
- International Shipping is available and MOTHER likes to go global. For all international orders (including the US) please contact Tandia@motherspf.com.
- Please note: Orders sent to destinations outside of Australia may incur additional tax and/or customs charges when they arrive. Please check any import fees you may be liable for before ordering. Fair?
We hope you love MOTHER AUS SPF as much as we do, but if for any reason this isn't the case please send us an email at email@example.com.
If MOTHER AUS SPF is damaged or faulty on arrival, please send a pic of the product within 7 days of receiving the goods and quote your order number and we will replace your product.
If for any other reason you are not completely satisfied with our products we will provide a store credit within 14 days of receiving. You just need to do the following:
- Make sure the product is in good condition and only lightly sampled (less than 1/4 used)
- Put the product in the cotton bag you received it in, and post to P.O.BOX 482. COTTESLOE 6911. PERTH WA 6911
- Include your order number inside the box, and the reason for your return so we can track your order and payment method
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have sent the product back and why quoting your order number
- We will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure or track the returned parcel
- Please note: you will be refunded in full on your original form of payment and original shipping charges will not be included in your refund.